How to Install R and R Studio on Mac
Before installing RStudio, you first need to make sure that you have R console installed.
To Install R
- Open an internet browser (eg Chrome or Internet Explorer) and go to www.r-project.org.
- Click "download R" which you will see just under "Getting Started".
- Select a CRAN location and click the corresponding link.
- Click on "Download R for (Mac) OS X" link at the top of the page.
- Click on the file containing the latest version of R under "Files".
- Save the .pkg file, double-click it to open, and follow the installation instructions.
- You now have R installed, and it's time to install RStudio.
To Install RStudio
- Visit www.rstudio.com and click on "Download RStudio".
- Click on "Download RStudio Desktop".
- Click on the latest Mac version, save the .dmg file on your computer, double-click to open. Then drag and drop it to your applications folder as you typically do when installing new applications.