Before installing RStudio, you first need to make sure that you have R console installed.
To Install R console
- Open any internet browser (e.g. Chrome or Internet Explorer) and visit www.r-project.org.
- Click the "download R" link in the middle of the page under "Getting Started."
- Select a CRAN location (a mirror site) and click the corresponding link.
- Click on the "Download R for Windows" link at the top of the page.
- Click on the "install R for the first time" link at the top of the page.
- Click "Download R for Windows" and save the .exe file somewhere on your computer. Run the .exe file and follow the installation instructions.
- Now that R is installed, you need to download and install RStudio.
To Install RStudio
- Go to www.rstudio.com and click on the "Download RStudio" button.
- Click on "Download RStudio Desktop".
- Click on the version recommended for your system, or the latest Windows version, and save the .exe file. Run the .exe file and follow the instructions.